Using the “Almost Homemade” approach, we modified a Chipotle Ranch Pasta salad.
To the base package instructions and ingredients the following items were added:
- A few matchstick carrots, which remained in the refrigerator vegetable drawer – added to the water while cold and before boiling the pasta and which remained in the pot while the pasta is cooked to tenderize.
- some leftover black beans with crystal quickly rinsed in a colander (a can of rinsed black beans could have been used instead) – added with other ingredients once the pasta was strained.
- some additional diced green peppers from the garden – added with other ingredients once the pasta was strained.
- Substituted some homemade creamy yogurt for the mayonnaise in the ingredients list.
- Almost Homemade – Cream of Celery Soup
- Almost Homemade Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Almost Homemade – Yellow Rice With Broccoli
- Almost Homemade – Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Almost Homemade – Dirty Rice
- Almost Homemade – Mac and Cheese
- What is the Almost Homemade cooking strategy?
- Almost Homemade – White Bread
- Almost Homemade – Golden Bread
- Almost Homemade – Party Meatballs