This almost home soup is one, which I have prepared from time to time over the years. This approach is a quick and easy way to dress up an ordinary can of cream of celery soup.
- In a tablespoon of butter or your favorite cooking oil saute onion and celery (see measures below), over medium heat, until they are tender and the onions are translucent :
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of diced sweet onion or shallots, according to taste
- 4 to 6, diced, celery sticks
- Add condensed cream of celery soup
- Replace can of water to be added to whole milk
- To increase the volume of soup, I usually, add a second can of milk (Optional)
- Add 1 teaspoon of whole celery seeds (optional)
- Simmer until ingredients have combined, then either serve or refrigerate for later use.
- We frequently prepare this on Sunday and reheat it in the microwave during the week as a quick and easy dinner starter.