Lemon Icebox Cheesecake
Lemon icebox cake is a favorite among lemon lovers. I bet you’ll love this wonderful dessert during summer. This cheesecake is very creamy with a really light texture and a super fresh flavor.
|Ingredient||US measure||Metric measure|
|Lemon juice||¼ cup||59 ml|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 ¾ teaspoons||2 ¾ teaspoons|
|Cream cheese||1 ½ Ibs||3bars|
|Heavy cream||1 ¼ cups||150 grams|
|Sugar||¾ cup||150 grams|
|Grated lemon zest||1 teaspoon||1 teaspoon|
|Rectangular graham cracker||1 ½ cups||9 whole|
|Melted butter||5 tablespoons||5 tablespoons|
|Fresh Lemon juice||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoon|
|Butter||2 tablespoons||2 tablespoons|
|Heavy cream||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoon|
|Sugar||½ cup||100 grams|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and adjust oven rack to middle position.
- In a food processor, pulse the crackers until finely ground.
- Add butter and lemon zest and pulse until well combined.
- Press the mixture onto the base of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10minutes or until it is lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack while making the curd.
- Whisk egg, egg yolk, cream, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan. Add the lemon juice and whisk.
- Cook on medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture is thick like pudding. Remove and stir in the butter and cream.
- Press the mixture through a sieve into a small bowl and keep in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a small bowl, soak gelatin in ¼ cups of lemon juice and allow it to soften for 5 minutes.
- Microwave the mixture for about 30 seconds until it is bubbling around the edges and gelatin dissolves.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, and salt for 2 minutes until it is smooth and creamy – scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add the cream and beat for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the gelatin mixture and ¼ cup of chilled curd.
- Beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes until smooth and airy.
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator and pour the filling into it and smooth the top.
- Pour thin lines of remaining curd on top of cake and create a decorative pattern by dragging paring knife through the lines.
- Keep in the refrigerator for at least 7 hours and remove sides of the pan.
Using a chef’s knife, carefully cut into slices and serve.
How best to serve the dish?
Serve slices with lemon zest or whipped cream.
How to store
Cover with a plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator.
How long can it be stored?
The dessert can last for 2 days in the refrigerator.