While you can eat this cheesecake anytime, it is most like to appear during the fall and holiday season. A pumpkin cheesecake eats well ‘Naked’ (without toppings), which is my favorite way to enjoy it with a side of coffee. however, many folks like it with a topping.
|Vanilla-flavored wafer-style cookie or favorite toasted wafer cookie flavor||7 oz||200 grams|
|Sugar||1 tablespoon||15 ml|
|Butter, unsalted||6 tablespoons||90 ml|
|Cream cheese – room temperature||16 oz||450 grams|
|Sugar||1 ½ cup||343 ml|
|Pumpkin or winter squash puree||15 oz||425 grams|
|Greek yogurt, plain||3/4 cup||177 ml|
|Vanilla extract||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 ½ teaspoon||7 ml|
|Salt||½ teaspoon||2 ml|
|9 x 3 inches||12 cups||23 x 8 cm||2.8 liters|
- Preheat the oven to 325 F(163 C)
- Prepare a greased springform pan. Use baking paper for the base and sides of the pan. Then, lightly butter the inside of the baking paper.
- Using a food processor, pulse crush wafers. Add butter and process.
- Press the mixture into the base and sides of the baking pan. Shake and tap firmly as you go.
- Place the crust in a fridge for 20 minutes to chill while you make the filling.
- Combine cheese, yogurt, and sugar in food processor until smooth. Then add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, pie spice and salt. Continue mixing until combined – do not overwork it.
- Pour cheesecake filling into prepared springform pan and bake until firm around the edges, but the center still displays motion when shaken gently. About 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack to room temperature.
- Then thin bladed knife (plastic recommend to protect your pan)around the edge to free the cheesecake. Remove springform ring.
- Refrigerate until cool and set; about 8 hours.
Use a chef’s knife to slice into 12 servings.
How best to serve the dish?
Serve cool or at room temperature.
Many folks like cheesecake with a topping and there are numerous ways to dress up your pumpkin cheesecake. Perhaps, the easiest way, if you’re pressed for time, would be to use some pie filling as a topper. Something seasonally appropriate, like apple pie filling or something more daring like peach, cherry, or mixed berry.
How to store
Allow to cool off completely, put in a well-sealed container or use a plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator.
How long can it be stored?
It can be last for three days in the refrigerator.