Banana Yogurt Muffin
I’m a die-hard fan of muffins and have tried many recipes over the years, but banana yogurt muffin is on top the list of my favorite healthy muffin recipes. If you have tried different yogurt recipes that didn’t work, you must try this one. This recipe is really easy with good direction.
|Low-fat vanilla yogurt||1 cup||240 ml|
|Vegetable oil||¼ cup||50 ml|
|Low-fat milk||2 teaspoons||10 ml|
|Flour||2 cups||480 ml|
|Baking powder||1 tablespoon||5 ml|
|Ground cinnamon||¼ teaspoon||1.25 ml|
|Sugar||½ cup||120 ml|
|Salt||½ teaspoon||2.5 ml|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- Prepare muffin pan with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Cut the ripe bananas into small pieces and keep aside. Don’t mash them
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- Add the milk, yogurt, and vegetable oil. Stir the mixture until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. The flour, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- Slowing pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and lightly stir with a rubber spatula.
- Add the chopped bananas and stir gently.
- Fill muffin cups with the batter to 2/3 full
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and insert a toothpick into the center of one muffin. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your delicious Banana Yogurt Muffins.
This recipe is for 12 servings.
How best to serve the dish?
Serve warm with a cup of hot tea or your favorite drink.
How to store
Allow muffins to cool completely. Store muffins in an airtight container. Line the base with a paper towel and cover the muffins with another paper towel to soak up the moisture. Put muffins in a freezer bag and store in the freezer.
How long can it be stored?
Muffins can last up to four days in airtight containers and up to 3 months when they are frozen.