For a super quick and easy batch of deviled eggs, purchase precooked and peeled hardboiled eggs, which can normally be found at your local grocery store. Then you need only cut them in half and moved forward making the filling.
The filling for basic deviled eggs is nothing more than egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard and sweet pickle relish.
These deviled eggs make a nice side for a supper or finger food.
- 6 precooked and peeled hardboiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Garnish: paprika
- Get Ingredients
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise.
- Add relish, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir well.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Garnish, if desired.