This an easy way to cook Spaghetti Squash (especially during the fall and winter months) for use as a vegetable side or in other recipes.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (approximately 3 pounds)
- ½ Cup water
Tools and Equipment
- 1 Non-stick baking pan or baking sheet, slightly larger than the Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Table fork
- 1 Medium mixing bowl or storage container
- Preheat oven to 350F
- With a kitchen cleaver or large knife
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise. I like to first cut a small portion of both ends, before doing this step.
- Scrape out seeds and membranes set aside.
- Place halves, cut side down, in a large baking dish
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender.
- Remove squash from oven.
- Turn cut side up; cool for 10 minutes.
- Scrape inside of squash with a fork to remove spaghetti-like strands.
- About 4 to 5 cups
Winter Energy Tip
- If you’re not going to bake anything else, once you turn the oven off, open the door slightly and let the heat escape into the house. This will warm your house without burning additional energy.
Nutrition and value tip
- Rather than disposing of the seed, you can separate them from the membranes and use them to make roasted a seed snack.