Skip to content
Common Names For Colorado Potato Beetle
- Colorado Potato Beetle
- Mexican Bean Beetle
- Bean Leaf Beetle
- Leptinotarsa decemlineata (Say)
Garden Plants Affected By Colorado Potato Beetle
How to Control Colorado Potato Beetles
- Spray or dust with garden safe pesticide when beetles appear, and weekly, as necessary
- Use yellow sticky traps. Adult Potato beetles are attracted to the color yellow and can be captured with traps.
- For eggplant start plant indoors and transplant as large seedlings.
- Companion planting with Tomatillos
- Young eggplants are vulnerable to potato beetle attack. Look for damage when the first leaves unfold