This strawberry trifle is three desserts in a manner of speaking. The strawberry trifle has a layer of strawberry jam, a layer cookie mix (or cake if you like) and a layer of whipped cream cheese blend. What more could you ask for? Additionally, it’s fairly straightforward to make and if you’re pressed for time you can take the shortcut of using commercial strawberry jam to make this trifle.
- Strawberries 400 gr (13 oz)
- Cookie 155 gr (5 oz)
- Cream cheese 400 gr (13 oz) – Warmed to room temperature
- Cream 33% or heavy whipping Cream 200 ml ( 6 fl) – Chilled
- Vanilla sugar 1.5 teaspoons
- Sugar 90 gr (3 oz)
- Powdered sugar 100 gr (3 oz)
Prepare Strawberry Jam
Cook’s Note: you can use ready-made jam from the store and skip this step, but you may want worm it slightly to make it more fluid.
- For this, put strawberries and sugar in the saucepan and boil (about 15 minutes at medium temperature).
- Rub through a sieve or run it the blend blender, the jam must be homogeneous.
Prepare Whipped Cheese Blend
- Whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla sugar until soft peaks.
- Whip cream cheese
- Then, gently fold into the whipped cream blend
Fill Trifle Glasses
- Take one of the trifle glasses, and pour in some jam
- Then, put some a cookie or cookies on top.
Cook’s Note: you can use any cookies or pieces of cake you choose.
- Followed some creamed cheese blend.
- Repeat the layers until the glass is filled.
Decorate Trifle Glasses
- Decorate the trifles with fresh strawberries and mint
- For best results, this trifle should be stored in the refrigerator and given 45 minutes to an hour to chill before serving.