Carrot cake is ubiquitous in the U.S. and comes in as many variations as anyone might want. Usually, in some form of a layer cake. This carrot cake recipe is intended to be easy to prepare, and by using a quick and easy glaze, rather than frosting, it has a bit of the traditional American Cottage Pudding feel to it. Here to hoping it finds its way to your table.
Carrot Cake Ingredients
- Carrot – 375 gr (12 oz ) (3/4 lb)
- Eggs – 4 pieces
- Sugar – 150 gr (5 oz) (1\2 lb)
- vanilla sugar – 15 gr ( 1\2 oz)
- Vegetable oil – 100 ml (1\3 cap) (3fl)
- Cinnamon – 1-2 tsp (5-10 gr)
- Salt – 0,5 tsp (2,5 gr)
- Baking powder – 15 gr ( 1\2 oz)
- Flour – 350gr (12 oz) (3/4 lb)
- powdered sugar 125gr (4 oz n) (1/4 lb)
- lemon juice 1 tbs (0.5 fl oz)
Carrot Cake Directions
- Carrots grate on a large grater or grind in a food processor.
- Combine eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar and salt mix with a mixer until smooth white lush mass.
- Add the egg mixture to the grated carrot.
- Add the cinnamon baking powder and vegetable oil to the eggs and carrots.
If desired, you can add spices such as cardamom and dry ginger, as well as dried fruits (raisins, dried apricots and so on).
- Add the well-sieved flour and fold in until smooth
When sifted, the flour is well saturated with oxygen, and the cake becomes lusher.
Prepare a baking dish
- Coat the baking dish with vegetable oil, butter, or shortening, and sprinkle in flour or cocoa, so, that the cake does not stick to the bottom and sides of the dish; or line use baking paper.
- Preheat your oven to 180C\350F\4 gas
Once preheated, bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, and the top is a lite golden brown. Check doneness by inserting a wooden toothpick near the center of the cake, when removed the toothpick should come out clean and dry (absent of uncooked cake mix)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack or heat tolerant service.
Prepare lemon glaze to decorate the Cake.
- To make the Lemon glaze, mix lemon juice with powdered sugar until uniform
- Once your cake has cooled completely, top it with the with glaze. You can leave it out protected or in the refrigerator overnight, to allow the glaze to distribute evenly and to soak into the cake, somewhat to make the cake moist and delicious. Bon Appetit!