This is a nice low heat way to use up some early summer strawberries. Also, they can make a nice treat for friends and family on a weekday order for entertaining.
Strawberry Panna Cotta Ingredients
- Cream 250 ml (8 fl)
- Milk 125 ml (4 fl)
- sugar – 90 gr (3 oz)
- half a vanilla pod (can be replaced with 10 grams of vanilla sugar)
- 1-2 tsp gelatin (depending on the desired consistency, 1 tsp- more tender, 2 tsp- denser)
- strawberries 300 gr (10 oz)
Strawberry Panna Cotta Directions
- Pour gelatin 60 ml of cold water and stay to swell for 15-20 minutes
- In the saucepan pour the cream 33% milk and add 45 gr (1.5 oz) sugar.
- Cut the vanilla bean and collect the seeds, put them in a saucepan with milk and cream
- Heat the mixture to a boil, then cool to room temperature.
- After it has cooled, add it to gelatin (remember that at high temperatures gelatin loses its gel-forming properties)
- Pour the mixture over the glasses and put in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- If you have a mixture left, you can pour it into a silicone mold and refrigerate
- Add to the strawberries and sugar, then blend until smooth
- We take out the chill pannacotta from the refrigerator and pour strawberry jam on top and decorate with mint.