This apple galette is really nice way to use a couple of apples to make a rustic, free form, tart which uses honey rather than processed sugar.
Apple Galette Recipe Ingredients
- Flour – 250 gr (8 oz) (1\2 lb.)
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil – 50 ml (2 fl. oz)
- Warm water – 150 ml (5 fl. oz) (1\4 pint)
- Apple – 2
- Coconut oil, cooking oil or shortening – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 0,5
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Apple Galette Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 180С\350F\4 gas mark
Prepare the dough.
- Put flour in a mixing bowl
- add water, a pinch of salt and vegetable oil
- Mix, until smooth, soft and viscous dough. (Dough should not stick to hands if it sticks -add a bit more flour, if too dry crumbles – add a bit of water)
Prepare the filling
- Peel apples, if desired.
- Core and slice apples
- Put the cooking oil, apples, honey, and cinnamon into a pan.
- Heat on medium low until apples are soft.
- Set apple mixture aside
Roll Out Dough And Assemble Galette
- Roll out the dough to desired sized on lightly floured surface
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet or stone
- Move shaped dough to parchment paper
- Put apple mixture in center of dough, spreading it evenly, but leaving room to fold edges og dough
- Fold the edge of dough.
- Place baking sheet or stone on center shelf of oven
- Bake at 180С\350F\4 gas mark for about 40 minutes, until center is bubbling, and crust is golden brown.
- Set on cooling rack to cool
- 4 portions