This recipe makes a nice side dish for any holiday or even regular dinner table. It’s a little richer than straight carrots and a little healthier than straight sweet potatoes.
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots (5 medium carrots)
- 1 cup peeled and cubed (1 medium sweet potato)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil)
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon toasted hazelnuts
- Peel carrots and sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix together carrots, sweet potatoes, melted butter (or olive oil) and salt. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Bake covered roasting pan for 40-50 minutes until carrots and sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Put in a medium bowl and Use a potato masher or a fork to mash them.
- Add sour cream, nutmeg, ground pepper, and oregano. Stir well.
- Serve warm. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnut, ground.
- This recipe makes 4 servings