This is a quick individual serving side dish for most any winter dinner or an holiday meal for two.
- 1 Med-Lg Sweet Potato
- 1 Pinch Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Finely shredded orange peel
- 1 Tbsp Orange juice
- ¼ Cup Orange juice
- 3/4 tsp Tapioca flour
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel and slice the sweet potato into 1/2-inch thick discs.
- Divide evenly among two 10-ounce ramekins.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and drizzle the one tablespoon of orange juice equally over the sweet potato in both ramekins.
- Place the ramekins on a baking stone, then in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- In a small bowl (or cup) add ¼ cup of orange juice, tapioca flour, orange peel, and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined and no lumps.
- Add the mix to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until sauce starts to bubble and slightly thickens, it should also be a little sticky.
- Pour the sauce over the sweet potatoes in each ramekin and mash/mix to combine.
- season with a little salt on top.
- Return to the oven to cook for an additional 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes become a lightly caramelized.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe makes two servings
- Savory mashed roasted carrots with sour cream recipe
- Buttery Baked Carrots
- Apple Galette (Tart) Recipe