Black currants are not as common in the United States as they are in Europe, but if you’re fortunate enough to have them in your garden or have access to them in the market, they make an excellent dessert berry. Black currants are typically in season between early July and the end of August.
- Recipe makes 8-9 scones
Recipe Ingredients For Black Currant Scones
- Rice flour – 90 gr ( 3 oz)
- Oat flour – 90 gr (3 oz)
- Coconut flakes – 30 gr (1 oz)
- Corn starch – 60 gr ( 2 oz)
- Baking powder -2 tsp
- Sugar – 60 gr ( 2 oz)
- Vanilla sugar – 15 gr (1\2 oz)
- Eggs – 1 pieces
- Milk – 80 ml (2.8 fl oz)
- Butter – 60 gr ( 2 oz)
- Black currant – 90 gr ( 3 oz)
Recipe Directions For Black Currant Scones
- Preheat oven to 210 C / 425 F / gas mark 5
- The egg is mixed with sugar,vanilla sugar, milk and coconut flakes.
- Take a very cold butter and rice and oat flours with corn starch
- Mix the butter and flour and starch until it has a fine crumb like texture. (if you do this by hand, then do it quickly so that the butter does not melt)
- 3.In the mix, add the egg mixture with the milk and coconut flakes and knead the dough.
- 4.Add black currants to the dough.
- 5. Distribute the dough so that you make a circle about 2 cm thick and cut into dough to triangles (you can also make them round with a biscuit cutter) and place the scones on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Place on center shelf of oven and bake for about 15 min.
6.The scones turns out to be very soft and crumbly.