These jam-filled croissants are a nice addition to the holiday table as finger food treats or a nice weekend breakfast addition. Particularly if you happen to have a few jars of preserves which you’d like to use up. Also, if you happen to have some of those little gifts jars of preserves or more than one jar of preserves open,you can make them a croissant surprise by changing up which preserve flavor is in each croissant, just to make things interesting.
- 10 minutes preparation
- plus 15-18 min baking time
- Total: about 28 minutes
- 6-7 servings
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- Your favorite preserve (Jam, fruit butter, conserve, marmalade, Jelly or compote)
- egg wash
- 1 tablespoon warm milk
- 1 and egg, beat together)
- First, preheat oven to 350°F, 180°C or gas mark 4.
- In a mixing bowl,combine all ingredients (except the egg wash jam and filling) and gently combine until the dough just comes together.
- Dust your work surface with flour and your rolling pin
- Rolling the dough into a rectangle roughly two to three times as long as it is wide.
- Cut into long-tipped triangles with a pizza cutter or sharp knife; cutting in a diagonal pattern from one end to the other.
- Put 1½ teaspoons of your chosen filling into the wider end of each triangle
- Roll dough triangle from the wide side towards the tip being careful not to let the filling leak out.
- Line an ungreased cookie sheet, lined with non-stick parchment paper
- Position rolled croissants on top with a gap to allow bread to rise and not touch one another.
- Whisk egg and warm milk together and lightly brush each croissant with the egg wash
- Put on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.