Most people, especially children, love peanut butter cookies and why not? There are good source of protein and if you don’t have a lot of extras, their reasonably healthy. At this point, peanut butter cookie has been around the home kitchen for at least 120 years. Here’s a simple recipe, which can be cooked most any time and, especially, as holiday fair.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Direction for Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350o F / 177o C / Gas Mark 4.
- Line ungreased baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Form into one-inch balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet.
- Mash each ball in a criss-cross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Do not overcook; the cookies should still be soft when removed from the oven.
How To Store The Baked Peanut Butter Cookies?
- Once cools to room temperature, store your peanut butter cookies in an airtight storage container and place in the refrigerator.
How Long Can The Peanut Butter Cookies be Stored?
- Your peanut butter cookies will keep for at least two week in the refrigerator, assuming they aren’t eaten before for then.