This Irish Sausage skillet Irish is a perfect alternative to the classic corned beef and cabbage.
- 1 lb Irish Sausage or, in a pinch, your favorite sausage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 red skinned potatoes, thinly sliced and halved
- ½ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place sausage on a baking sheet and heat through for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and slice.
- In your skillet over medium heat, add oil then onions and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add potatoes and cabbage.
- Pour in broth and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Simmer on low for 10-15minutes until potatoes and carrots begin to soften.
- Add sausage to skillet then cover once more for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.