Here is an Irish inspired sweet twist one bread pudding which makes and excellent dessert.
- 10 slices brioche bread
- ½ cup raisins
- Nonstick spray
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Caramel Whiskey:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 2 oz cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup Irish Whiskey
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven at 350F. Spray baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cut brioche into thick cubes and add to baking dish along with raisins.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour over the top of the brioche.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until custard is set and tops of bread is slightly crispy.
- Spoon into bowls and create the caramel sauce.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer without touching for 10-15 minutes to get golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add butter and cream cheese whisking constantly, so, no lumps occur.
- Stir in whiskey and milk. Drizzle on top of bread pudding and enjoy!