Apples are readily available in the United States in your local grocery year-round, so, this is a nice easy to make a smoothie which can be a pleasant drink anytime. This is especially true in the fall and early winter when apples are plentiful. If you happen to be fortunate enough to have your own apple trees this is a nice way to use some of those fresh apples.
- Makes 1 serving
- 1 small apple, peeled (if desired), cored, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup milk
- 2-3 almonds, chopped (optional)
- A pinch ground cinnamon, to garnish (optional)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Put all the ingredients and add into a blender.
- Pulse blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with cinnamon and serve.
- The variety of Apple you choose to use will make a difference in how sweet or tart this smoothie is. If you like a sweeter smoothie Try an Apple like the Honey Crisp if you like your smoothie a little more on the tart side, then try a Granny Smith.
- I recommend you wash the Apple thoroughly and use the Apple with the peal on, this makes the smoothie more nutritious, more colorful and prettier to look at.