For the onion lovers amongst us here is an easy onion pie, which is suitable for brunch, lunch or dinner.
Onion Pie Ingredients
- Flour – 195 gr (6,8 oz\ 7\8 cup)
- Oil – 40 ml (1,4 oz)
- Provencal herbs – 1 tsp
- Salt and spice to taste – optional
- Water – 75 ml (2,6 fl. oz \ 1\3 cup)
- Onion – 450 gr (16 oz)
- Seasoning – optional (salt, sugar, red pepper, dry garlic to taste)
- Tomato paste – 70 gr (2,5 oz)
- Water – 200 ml (7 fl. oz)
Onion Pie Direction
1. Prepare the dough. Combine water oil and salt with herbs de Provence. Knead the dough, if it turns out too liquid, then add water, if not going into a lump, then a little more flour. The dough should be smooth elastic dough. Cover it with cling film and leave until you prepare the filling.
2. Prepare the fillings. Cut the onion into half rings and fry it until half-cooked, mix water and paste. Add to onion and simmer until tender. Add spices.
3. Roll out the dough and put it in a mold, from the sides. The form does not need to be lubricated with additional oil.
4. Spead the filling out evenly.
5. Bake at 180C for About 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Remove onion pie from oven and cut into servings. There your very tasty and simple onion pie is ready. Enjoy!