This is a quick and easy stovetop recipe side dish for zucchini and or summer squash.
Skillet Summer Squash Ingredients
- 1 Packet Sodium free chicken bouillon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seed oil or olive oil
- 2 medium green zucchinis
- 2 medium yellow zucchinis or yellow summer squash
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Sprinkle with Feta cheese crumbles or grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Skillet Summer Squash Directions
- Wash, trim of the ends of the zucchinis and summer squash, and dice
- Mix the squash together until thoroughly combined
- Add chicken bouillon and mix a little more
- In a large nonstick skillet add oil and heat on medium-high until hot, but not smoking
- Add the squash in an even a layer as possible (it should sizzle as it hits the skillet)
- Do not stir for 2-3 minutes until the summer squash shows some browning on the bottom
- Stir the squash, and let the zucchini continue to cook
- Stirring every couple minutes, until the squash is tender to your liking, about 8 minutes.
- Season to taste and top with cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- If using Feta cheese (my personal choice), sample the squash with cheese added before adding salt
- Do not overcook or the summer squash will become soupy. If this happens drain of the excess liquid, season, and serve immediately.
- While this recipe calls for yellow and green squash, either color will taste just as good, if you don’t happen to have both colors.
- This recipe makes about six servings
- 10 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 20 Minutes