This pumpkin pie is made using egg whites and evaporated skim milk to reduce the fat and a few calories from this holiday favorite to make the pumpkin pie at little liter.
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
• 1 (9 inch) prepared, unbaked, pie crust
• 1 16-ounce can pumpkin or cooked mash pumpkin or winter squash
• 2/2 cup sugar
• 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon ground clóves or allspice
• 4 egg whites (1/2 cup)
• 1 ¼ cup evaporated skim milk
• 8 tablespoons frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
Pumpkin Pie Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Put the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves or allspice in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg whites.
- Beat the mixture with a fork till combined.
- Stir in the evaporated skim milk.
- Pour the púmpkin mixture into the pie plate.
- Cover the edge of pie crust with foil or pie crust shield.
- Place the filled pie pan on the bottom oven rack on a heated baking stone or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a 375 F oven.
- Remove the foil or pie crust shield.
- Bake for additional 25 to 30 minutes more or till a table knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cover the pie with a cellophane wrap and store the pie in the refrigerator,
- If desired, cut into serving wedges, serve chilled or at room temperature with whipped topping.
- Makes about 8 servings.