Do you love pumpkin bars and would love to have it frosted cream cheese frosting? If yes, then you will like this article. We are sharing a tasty and easy to make sugarless cream cheese pumpkin frosting recipe. It is made from canned pumpkin and cream cheese. It is frosted and also is gluten-free. It, therefore, is low carbohydrate preparation. It is made from natural ingredients and also can be good enough for around 24 hours when kept in the refrigerator. Let us have a look at the ingredients required and the instructions for making it.
- Pumpkin Puree – 1 cup
- Unsalted Butter (cut into cubes) – 1/4 cup
- Cream cheese – 2 ounces.
- Large eggs – 2
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoonful.
- Erythritol sweetener blend – 2/3 cup.
- Bleached almond flour – 1 cup
- 2 teaspoonfuls of baking powder (gluten-free)
- Pumpkin pie spice – 1 teaspoon.
- Sea salt – half teaspoon
You also need the following for cream cheese frosting
- Cream cheese –6 ounces (Ensure that it is cubed and softened)
- Powdered erythritol – 1/2 cup.
- Heavy cream – 1 tablespoon (though optional, it is recommended because it helps in easier frosting)
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon.
How To Make?
It is not very difficult to make and should not take more than 30 minutes (making time). Please go through the following steps
To make the Pumpkin Bars
- Ensure that the oven is preheated to 177 degrees centigrade (350 f).
- Find a 9×9 inch baking pan (23 x 23) and line with parchment paper.
- The cheese and butter should be warmed together in either the microwave or a double boiler until the cream cheese and butter and can be easily stirred together.
- Take another large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, cream cheese and butter mixture (already stirred together), eggs and vanilla with a hand mixer. Don’t overdo it and use medium speed and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- In another mixing bowl another bowl combine sweetener, almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- The dry flour mixture should be added to the wet ingredients.
- Combine the mixture, again using a hand mixer on low until the mixture is thoroughly combined and forms a batter.
- The batter should be poured into the lined baking ban.
- jiggle or use a frosting knife to smooth the top.
- Place on center shelf f the oven and bake about 20 to 30 minutes until an inserted toothpick is able to be taken out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow pumpkin bars to cool to room temperature.
To Make the Frosting
- As far as frosting is concerned, you will have to use a hand mixer to combine and smooth the sweetener, cream cheese, and vanilla.
Decorate The Bars
- Once the bars have cooled to room temperature, you can frost the pumpkin bars and cut into servings
- If refrigerated, the bars be stored for about 24 hours before serving, if desired.