This pot pie is a nice, high protein, comfort food recipe perfect for cooking in cooler weather. This recipe has beans and two kinds of meat to make the pot pie filling and nutritious.
Pork Pot Pie For Two Ingredients
¼ lb. pork ribs, cut into small cubes 113 gr pork ribs
¼ lb. salami, cut into small cubes 113 gr salami
1/2 cup dried kidney beans 100 gr dried kidney beans
1 stalk of celery, sliced 1 stalk of celery
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced 2 cloves of garlic
1 carrot, roughly chopped 1 carrot
1 tbsp ketchup 1 tbsp ketchup
¼ cup red wine 60 ml of red wine
½ tsp ground cumin ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika powder 1 tsp paprika powder
2 cups of water 473 ml of water
1 tsp beef powder 1 tsp beef powder
1 sprig of fresh rosemary 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1 russet potato, cut into small cubes 1 russet potato
1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried parsley
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed 1 sheet puff pastry
1 egg yolk, beaten 1 egg yolk, beaten
Pinch of salt Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper Pinch of pepper
Pork Pot Pie For Two Directions
- Add kidney beans in a large bowl, wash and soak in 2 cups of water overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning, drain and set aside.
- Season pork ribs with salt and pepper, then brown them in oil over medium-high heat in a medium pot. Remove from heat and set aside
- Add the salami to the pot, sauté for 2 minutes then add celery, garlic, and carrot. Continue sautéing until the vegetables have softened.
- Add ketchup, red wine, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture starts to boil. Add cumin, paprika powder, beef powder, and water. Return to boil then add browned ribs, salami, potato, rosemary, and dried parsley.
- Cover the pot and simmer for about 2 hours or until the short ribs are tender. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Transfer the stew to 2 individual casseroles or ramekins, evenly divided to 2 portions. Drape a sheet of puff pastry over the sides of the casserole. Trim away any excess dough.
- Brush the top of the puff pastry with egg. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Makes two individual servings