Enjoying cream cheese frosting recipe that is low carb and sugar-free is a good idea. Apart from being tasty, it also is a healthy food choice. It can be perfect for cakes that are made from carrots apart from being the ideal solution for layer cakes, cupcakes, and red velvet cakes. It is silkily, easy and according to health experts, it also can be considered a good ketogenic option. Hence, it would be interesting to understand the ingredients needed for making this recipe. We also will have a look at the instructions that could help in making the same. We are sure it will be a very good sugarless cream cheese vanilla frosting recipe.
Are You New To Low Carb?
If you are not very used to low carb preparations, it is quite possible that you could have some doubts. You might wonder how is it possible to make cream cheese, frosted and that too without using sugar. However, the process is very easy and it is all about replacing sugar with something that has low carb content. There are quite a few alternatives available. You could use either erythritol or stevia blend instead of sugar. There are many who use Sukrin Icing Sugar. Swerve Confectioners is also a popular brand of Sukrin icing sugar.
The preparation time is around 10 minutes and the total time taken should also not be more than 10 minutes. It can accommodate 12 servings and has a total calorie count of 169.
- 1.1/2 packages or 12 ounces of Cream Cheese (Ensure that the cream cheese is soft and cool).
- Softened unsalted butter 4 ounces, equivalent to 8 tablespoons or 1 stick.
- Sukrin icing sugar or Swerve Confectioners – 1/2 cup.
- Vanilla 2 teaspoons.
- Stevia drops or stevia glycerite (just for taste)
How To Make It – Instructions
- To begin with, the cool cream cheese has to be beaten until it becomes smooth. You could use a mixer that is convenient for you. But we feel a hand mixer could be the best option.
- Next, the sweetener should be added. Beat the sweetener until the texture becomes light. The vanilla should also be thoroughly beaten until it becomes incorporated completely. Ensure that there are no lumps in it.
- Once this has been done, butter should be added. Beat the butter again and ensure that the entire mixture is whipped together, and it has a light and nice look, touch, and feel. The sweetness can be adjusted by adding powdered sweetener or stevia. You could add as much as you want depending on your specific taste bud.
This completes the process of making a tasty, healthy and nutritious frosting recipe that is sugarless and made from cream cheese, vanilla amongst other ingredients. As mentioned above, apart from being completely free from carbohydrates and artificial sugar, it could be used for making different types of cakes.
It also is not very calorie-rich and could make a good breakfast or evening munching option. The best thing is that the whole thing can be done quite easily and should not take more than ten minutes. If it is kept refrigerated, the frosting should be good enough for a day or two. It is a different matter that children will find it too irresistible and might get over with it within a few minutes.