With fall upon us, it is apple season, so here is a quick recipe to use some of those fall apples and have a hearty breakfast.
- Dry Cottage cheese – 250 gr
- Egg- 1 large or jumbo
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Vanilla sugar- 1 teaspoon
- Flour – 1 tablespoon
- Semolina – 1 tablespoon
- Apple- 1 small
- Lemon zest
- Pinch (1/8 teaspoon) of salt (optional)
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Breadcrumb- 1 tablespoon
- Oat bran- 1 tablespoon
- Apple wash and peel.
- Cut into small cubes.
- To prevent browning, coat the apples with lemon juice.
- Mash the cottage with a fork
Use dry cottage cheese. Otherwise, the recipe will need more flour. If the cottage cheese is wet, then strain the cottage cheese through a cheesecloth.
- In cottage cheese, add Apple and mix.
- In cheese with Apple, add egg, sugar, vanilla sugar, a pinch of salt, lemon zest, add cinnamon to taste, and mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Mix oat bran and breadcrumb.
- Roll the balls and roll them in the breading. Form cheese pancakes.
- Fry the cheese pancakes on both sides until golden brown.