In this day and age, one can find a myriad of recipes online. However, over time many of these recipes have become overly complex and have large ingredient lists. So, here is a quick and easy carrot soup, which makes an excellent meal starter and has the advantage of being an easy weekday recipe.
Not only is it a simple recipe, but has the advantages of:
- Flexible preparation of the carrots, which can be made with Microwaved, steamed, or boiled carrots
- Fast preparation, needing only 15 to 30 minutes to prepare, depending upon your carrot cooking method
- Being able to be made ahead and reheated on low with a modicum of supervision or reheated in the microwave to save time
- Permitting multi-tasking, because it can be prepared while you cook other dishes
- Safe storage in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days before reheating
- this makes an excellent lunch item if you have a microwave available
Carrot Soup Ingredient list
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of carrots
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of liquid (milk or broth)
- 2 tablespoons of bouillon or base (vegetable or chicken ) — Optional
- 1 tablespoon butter — Optional
- Salt — Optional
Carrot Soup Preparation Directions
- Cook carrot until tender
- let carrots cool
- Blend Carrots and Liquid
- pour into a saucepan
- Add bouillon and butter
- Bring to a slow simmer on a medium-low heat
- Taste and salt to taste, if desired.
- Safety Tip: Do not put the carrots in the blender hot
- Food Safety Tip: If fixed ahead, refrigerate, and do not store more than 4 days before reheating and serving
- Food Safety Tip: if reheating, heat thoroughly to a light simmer, before serving
- if you boiled the carrots, you can use the water the carrots were boiled as broth.
- For cream of carrot soup, using whole milk provides the most nutrition, but skim milk will work
- If using broth, vegetable or chicken broth usually works best and low sodium broths work just fine.