Plant Tomatillos with or near Potatoes to distract Colorado potato beetles.
This is a quick and healthy way to stretch a package of instant mashed potatoes. While we have tried the approach with a variety of flavors, the Roasted Garlic flavor works particularly well.
I usually start with a 16-ounce package of frozen Cauliflower florets, but fresh cauliflower will work just fine if you happen to have it.
- Steam cauliflower, until tender
- Mash the cauliflower, according to your families tolerance for lumps. Generally, smaller is better.
- Cook 4 ounce package of Roasted Garlic mashed potatoes according to the instructions
- add the mashed cauliflower, when adding package dry ingredients and mix in thoroughly.
- Using this approach and following the 1/2 cup prepared serving size of mashed potatoes, you add 5 more servings, for a total of 9 serving.
- The calorie count, per serving, is reduced by almost half; from 100 to 54 calories per serving.