This recipe is a lovely variation a the classic swiss roll. This cake roll is a rich dessert whose calico colors will add character to your dinner table.
- Recipe for 6-8 servings
- 1 hour
- Eggs – 4 pieces
- Flour – 80 gr (2,8 oz)
- Sugar – 100 gr (3,5 oz)
- Vanilla sugar – 10 gr (0,35 oz)
- Milk – 70 ml (2,3 fl. oz)
- Melted butter or cooking oil – 50 ml (1,8 fl. oz)
- Pinch of salt
- Cocoa – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1\4 tsp
- Heavy Cream – 150 ml (5 fl. oz) (1\4 pint)
- Butter – 50 gr (1,7 oz)
- Dulce De Leche or Boiled sweetened condensed milk – 150 gr (5 oz)
- Separate egg whites and yolks, saving both.
- Then mix yolks with half of sugar, add milk and melted butter.
- In the blend yolks, then add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Extract tablespoons of dough and place in a separate container. In this of dough, add cocoa and a half teaspoon of milk.
- To the egg whites in a separate mixing bowl, add a few drops of lemon juice and blend them until soft peaks form. Then, add the remaining half of the sugar and blend thoroughly again until the egg white form stable peaks.
- Add 2 tablespoons of whipped egg whites to cocoa mix dough and gently fold in.
- The remaining egg whites are added to the plain dough and gently folded in.
- Prepare the form (I used a flat baking sheet lined with parchment paper)
- Put the dough with cocoa on the mold in the form of separate spots and bake 1 -2 minutes 180C\350F\4 gas mark
- Remove the dark spots from the oven and top with the rest of the light dough and baking 8-10 additional minutes 180C\350F\4 gas mark
- Remove the cake from the oven
- Move the cake to a fresh piece of parchment paper and loosely roll the cake while still warm using the parament paper as a liner to separate the layers and let it cool completely.
- Prepare the cream.
- Blend heavy cream until stable soft peaks form.
- In separate container blend dulce de leche with butter, after the blending add cream into boiled condensed milk mixture.
- Unroll the cooled cake and cover top of cake with cream. Then, roll the filled cake again, without parchment paper separator, wrap the roll in a protective parchment paper and put the roll in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Once chilled, remove cake from refrigerator
- Remove Parchment paper
- Then slice the roll, plate the serving slice, and serve.